Nick specialises in representing clients with complex and serious injuries, recovering millions of pounds in compensation for them every year. He regularly represents people suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
Nick is also an expert in health and safety at work legislation and regularly trains workplace health and safety representatives to ensure they are up to date on the latest developments in this area of the law.
Nick is proud to work for Thompsons because all the team have a positive common purpose to provide justice for injured people. As well as that, Nick is proud that the firm never acts for employers or insurers, and that all energy and expertise is focussed on helping the victim.
Outside of work, Nick is a fan of football, supporting Tottenham and his son’s under-16 team. He also enjoys strumming along on guitar to his favourite bands, such as the Beatles, the Stone Roses and U2. Nick enjoys walking his dog and travelling.
Nicks’ case experience
- Secure over £250,000 for a man who developed mesothelioma while working in Devonport Dockyard
- Recovered more than £60,000 for a client who suffered a serious leg injury after a loading platform collapsed.
- Secured £13,500 for a client who developed HAVS after using heavy vibration tools for long periods of time.
- Secured £7,500 for a foundry worker who developed HAVS after using jackhammers, vibrator compactors, hand rammers, chip hammers and disc cutters without proper time control.
- Secured a settlement for a client working in manufacturing, who developed dermatitis after being exposed to glycerin at work.
- Recovered £400,000 for a victim of mesothelioma who worked at Dungeness Power Station.
- Represented a chemistry teacher who developed mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos in bunsen burner gauzes and mats.
- Represented the family of a man killed by being crushed in a conveyor belt which was not properly guarded. The company was fined over £1m.
Nick is a member of the Devon and Exeter Law Society and the Plymouth Law Society.
He is a senior litigator and an occupational and asbestos disease specialist with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, as well as a member of the Solicitors Association of Higher Courts Advocates.