Frequently Asked Questions about Car Accident claims
1. Who can make a claim after a car accident?
If you or a member of your family has been injured in a car accident caused by another road user within the last three years, whether as a driver or a passenger, you may be entitled to car accident compensation.
2. Who is responsible for car safety?
For passengers under the age of 14, the driver remains responsible for making sure they are correctly restrained. This includes:
- Installing the correct rearward facing child seats
- Installing the correct forward facing child seats
- Ensuring that they use a seatbelt
- Ensuring that they have the appropriate booster seat or cushion fitted
- Ensuring any child seat, or booster seat is correctly secured and positioned
- Ensuring that if a rearward facing child seat is fitted, any front airbag is deactivated
- Ensuring that if a side airbag is fitted, the seat is correctly positioned to avoid contact in the event of the airbag inflating.
3. How can I make a car crash injury claim?
The first step to claiming for car accident compensation is to get in touch. Our car accident solicitors will offer free, no-obligation legal advice on how to make a claim after a car accident. Start the conversation today by calling us on 0800 0 224 224, requesting a callback or completing our online claim form.
4. How much will it cost me to make a Car Accident claim?
At Thompsons Solicitors, we have different funding options available for those who have suffered a car crash injury and wish to make a claim.
If you or a member of your family is a trade union member, then Thompsons Solicitors’ legal advice and representation is free. You’ll also keep 100 per cent of the compensation we secure.
If you’re not part of a trade union, we’re more than happy to talk you through our different funding options, including our ‘no win, no fee’ agreement. Visit our fees and payment page for more information.
5. How long do I have to claim after a car accident?
In the UK, you have to make a car accident claim within three years from the day of your accident. The sooner you seek legal advice, the less time it will take to prepare your claim for compensation. Although there are very few exceptions to the three-year limit, it’s best to contact Thompsons Solicitors as soon as possible to start your claim.
6. How much compensation will I get from a Car Accident claim?
Your car accident injury settlement amount will depend on the extent of your injuries and the financial, physical and emotional impact it has had on you and your family.
Our expert solicitors can give you an idea of how much car accident compensation you are likely to receive after reviewing your case, however, we’ll fight hard to secure the maximum amount possible.
7. If I make a Car Accident claim, how long will it take to get my compensation?
The length of time it takes to settle your car crash injury claim depends on the type of claim and the details of your case.
If your claim is contested it will take longer. A claim involving serious injuries will also take more time but we can make an application for an interim payment to make sure your financial needs are covered while we conclude your car accident injury claim.
8. Why should I choose Thompsons Solicitors to make a Car Accident claim?
Thompsons Solicitors will always represent individuals who wish to claim after a car accident, and never the car insurance industry, or insurers in general.
To find out more about how we can help you make a claim for car accident compensation, call us on 0800 0 224 224 or complete our online claim form today.