If you’re concerned about medical care that you or a loved one has received, there are a number of places that can offer you potential support. Alongside talking to our dedicated medical negligence solicitors for legal advice, the selection of following specialist organisations can also help you with information, advice and ways to raise your issues with the organisations responsible for your treatment or care.

  • The General Medical Council (GMC) hears complaints about serious professional misconduct by a GP or hospital doctor. The address of the GMC is: 178 Great Portland Street, London W1N 6JE. Tel: 020 7580 7642
  • The Health Service Ombudsman investigates, reports and makes recommendations to the government about the activities of health authorities. The Ombudsman will not investigate any complaints until the NHS’ complaints procedures have been exhausted except where that is unreasonable.

        To contact the Ombudsman, you should write to:

  • England - The Health Service Commissioner for England, 11th Floor, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP. Tel: 020 7217 4051
  • Northern Ireland - Parliamentary Ombudsman and Commissioner for Complaints, 33 Wellington Place, Belfast BT1 6HN. Tel: 028 9023 3821
  • Scotland - The Health Service Commissioner for Scotland, 28 Thistle Street, Edinburgh EH2 1EN. Tel: 0131 2257 465
  • Wales - The Health Service Commissioner for Wales, 5th Floor, Capital Tower, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AG. Tel: 029 2023 0785



Medical Negligence Complaints logo