Frequently Asked Questions about Burn Injury claims
1. What should I do if I have a Serious Burn injury?
If you have a serious burn injury, you should seek medical attention immediately. Go to A&E for all chemical and electrical burns, large or deep burns, and burns that cause blisters. The NHS advises anyone suffering with chemical and electrical burns, large or deep burns, burns that cause white or charred skin, burns on the face, hands, arms, feet, legs or genitals that cause blisters, should go to a hospital A&E department.
2. Can I make a Serious Burn Injury claim?
If your serious burn injury was caused by someone else’s fault, you may be able to make a burn injury compensation claim. Our experienced lawyers can provide free, no-obligation legal advice and support you to make a claim for compensation. Contact our specialist team on 0800 0 224 224 to discuss your burn compensation claim.
3. How much does it cost to claim for burn injury compensation?
There are different ways to fund a serious burn injury claim with Thompsons. If you are a trade union member, your membership includes free legal advice and support from our lawyers.
If you are not a trade union member, we have other ways to fund your claim, including our conditional fee agreement, also known as ‘no win, no fee’. For more information on funding your brain injury claim, visit our fees and payment page.
4. How long do I have to claim for compensation?
In the UK, there is a three-year limit on making a claim. This means you have three years from the date of your burn injury to make a claim for compensation. There are exceptions to this rule. Contact our lawyers as soon as possible.
5. How much can I claim for a burn injury?
The amount of compensation our lawyers can secure for your burn injury claim depends on the individual case. However, you can rest assured that we will work hard to get the settlement you deserve to compensate you for your injuries. When calculating your damages, we will consider any financial losses you have experienced, as well as the treatment and rehabilitation you have undergone to aid your recovery.
6. What will my burn injury compensation cover?
When securing your burn injury compensation, we will make sure that the amount covers:
- Short-term treatment to soothe the burns
- Long-term treatment, including cosmetic surgery
- Emotional pain and suffering caused by the accident
- Loss of income
- Transportation to the hospital and appointments
- Any structural changes to your home that are necessary to accommodate your injuries.
7. How can I make a burn injury claim with Thompsons?
To make a serious burn injury compensation claim, contact our lawyers on 0800 0 224 224 or request a callback from them to discuss your claim. Our lawyers will talk you through the claim process and provide legal advice and support.
Alternatively, you can start a claim by completing our online claim form.