Gemma is a lawyer in the national personal injury team at Thompsons, based in the firm’s London office.
Gemma is highly organised and prides herself on providing excellent client care and supporting those who have suffered the most catastrophic injuries.
Gemma enjoys seeing the impact her work can have on the lives of the people she works with, forming strong relationships with clients, experts and case managers to ensure the smooth progression of the case.
Outside work, Gemma enjoys playing netball, travelling and binge-watching questionable reality TV shows. She is also a West Ham season ticket holder.
Gemma's case experience
- Supported a client with a claim for the delayed diagnosis and management of endometriosis, which resulted in years of pain and suffering and fertility issues.
- Represented a client with a claim for the delayed diagnosis and management of acute appendicitis, which resulted in sepsis and the formation of a colostomy.
- Secured a six-figure settlement for a client who was misdiagnosed and mis-managed while suffering with their terminal cancer.
- Secured a six-figure settlements for a cyclist who was left with a traumatic brain injury following a collision with a car.
- Recovered six figures for a driver who suffered a traumatic brain injury following a road collision.
- Represented a client following an injury at work which caused a residual and ongoing weakness in their knee which in turn caused them to suffer a fall resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
- Assisted with a work injury case involving a young man who sustained a below-knee amputation.
- Assisted with a road traffic collision claim for a woman who required a below-knee amputation.
- Assisted in a claim for a pedestrian who was hit by a car, resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
- Assisted in a claim from a delayed diagnosis of fetal decelerations which resulted in a delayed delivery and brain injury to the baby.