Sharon Walker, 62, has been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
The daughter of a former factory worker, who has been diagnosed with an asbestos-related cancer, is calling on colleagues who worked with her at Kangol in Carlisle, during the 1970s, to help with her claim for mesothelioma compensation.
Sharon Walker from the Caldewgate area of the city, was a young mother to her daughter Sharyn, when she was employed at the factory in the 1970s. She worked in the seatbelt division and was part of a team that specialised in making child safety seats. The team was housed in an extension to the main factory, which was known as ‘the shed’.
During her time in the shed, from around 1976-1979, the building was extended to accommodate an influx of new orders. This resulted in contractors coming in to remove the roof and walls as part of the extension while Mrs Walker and her colleagues continued to work in the building.