Sarah has a proven track record of dealing with various complex and high-value claims, including those involving birth injuries, orthopaedic injuries, amputations, fatalities and delayed diagnosis of cancer.
The most rewarding part of Sarah’s job is helping those who have been injured, offering empathy and support through a difficult time in their life. Sarah always tries to bring about early resolution of her claims and helps gain access to rehabilitation as early as possible.
Sarah qualified in 2011 and joined Thompsons in March 2022. Throughout her career, Sarah has only ever represented individuals who have been injured due to medical negligence and never the insurance companies or other organisations.
In her spare time, Sarah enjoys arts and crafts, tennis and planning her next adventure abroad.
Sarah's case experience:
- Secured £675,000 for a young lady who sustained a right obstetric brachial plexus palsy (an Erb’s Palsy) at birth. She was left with permanent loss of function and cosmetic deformity of her right arm meaning she could no longer pursue her dream of joining the Armed Forces. The compensation recovered will allow her to access pain management, physiotherapy and psychological therapy in the future.
- Secured £450,000 for a child who sustained a left obstetric brachial plexus palsy (an Erb’s Palsy) at birth. She was left with permanent loss of function and cosmetic deformity of her left arm. The compensation recovered will provide access to ongoing medical therapies and care and support.
- Secured £275,000 for the family of a deceased elderly patient who suffered a subdural haemorrhage following an unattended fall from a trolley whilst in Hospital.
- Secured £248,000 for the family of a lady who passed away following a delayed diagnosis of breast cancer. Compensation was recovered on behalf of the estate and her dependants.
- Secured £232,000 for a client who suffered a leg amputation following a delay in diagnosis of bone cancer. The claim was fought by the Defendant and settled out of court shortly before Trial.
- Secured £75,000 for a client who was negligently administered Gentamicin into her ear for supposed Meniere’s Disease resulting in ongoing audio-vestibular difficulties. The claim was fought by the Defendant and settled out of court shortly before Trial.
- Secured £32,000 for a client who suffered permanent nerve damage as a result of 2 negligently placed dental implants.
- Secured £70,000 for a client following negligent management of a wound infection. This resulted in necrotising fasciitis, the need for surgical intervention and the amputation of a non-dominant little finger.
- Secured £27,000 for a client who suffered an avoidable still birth.