Christalla is a senior solicitor with over 26 years’ experience, the last ten of which she has spent acting for clients with personal injury claims of the utmost severity. Her clients may have been injured at work or on the road, but they will all have sustained life-changing injuries including serious brain injuries, spinal injuries, amputations, multiple orthopaedic injuries, and there will be families who have lost a loved one.
Respected as both dedicated and tenacious, Christalla knows the right questions to ask in gathering evidence and the right information to seek, whether from employers, the police, experts or lay witnesses, and has succeeded in the most difficult, fiercely contested and challenging cases, including in the High Court.
As a seasoned negotiator, but working with her natural compassion and care, Christalla knows which agencies and organisations are best placed to help improve the lives of her clients. She ensures they get in front of the very best medical experts to assess long-term needs and whether it’s rehabilitation, therapy, aids or adaptations to their homes to help with mobility, Christalla will obtain interim payments to help with the cost of appropriate care and treatment, or to assist with family visits.
Christalla is driven by Thompsons’ ethos of only working for the injured party to gain the maximum compensation to help clients to rebuild their lives.
In her spare time, Christalla likes to go to the theatre and enjoys running, baking and yoga.
- Secured £2 million in compensation for a client who sustained a serious brain injury and was unable to carry on his job as a scaffolder or hold down any employment at all as a result.
- Secured a multi-million pound settlement, including interim payments, for a client who was left paraplegic as a result of their injury.
- Settled a case for just under £1.5 million for a motorcyclist who sustained serious and complex injuries, including a head injury that immobilised him, after a collision.
- Ensured more than £1 million in compensation for a young woman left in a vegetative state after being knocked down by a car whose driver - in the absence of any eyewitnesses - denied liability. Christalla secured an interim payment to move the client to a more comfortable nursing home and to pay for her family, including her young son, to visit her from abroad.
- Settled a case for more than £1 million for a young man who suffered severe injuries to his hand, with a traumatic amputation of his middle three fingers, following an accident at work.
- Obtained a £700,000 settlement for woman struck by a car as a pedestrian, suffering multiple and serious injuries, included fractures to the thigh bone, elbow, forearm, both knees and her back. She was left with significant ongoing mobility problems necessitating her using a walking stick and a future prognosis for a total knee replacement and further surgery.
Christalla is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and supports Headway East London.