Christalla is a senior solicitor in Thompsons' national personal injury team, based in the firm’s London office. She deals with catastrophic personal injury claims, acting for individuals who have sustained life-changing injuries, including serious brain injuries, spinal injuries, amputations, fatalities and multiple orthopaedic injuries.
Christalla deals with the full range of accident cases, including road traffic accidents and accidents at work.
Regarded as dedicated and tenacious, Christalla will fight to prove liability and has succeeded in the most difficult, fiercely-contested and challenging cases in the High Court. Christalla’s aim is to get the maximum amount of compensation for her clients.
Her success is due to years of experience in knowing the right questions to ask in gathering evidence and the right information to seek, whether from employers or the police or other witnesses.
With compassion and care, Christalla supports her clients and their families from the word go by ensuring the best medical experts are consulted to assess clients’ long-term needs. Christalla will obtain interim payments to help with the cost of care and treatment or to assist with family visits.
A seasoned negotiator, Christalla will ensure her clients receive the specialist medical treatment and care they need, whether it’s rehabilitation, therapy, aids or adaptations to their homes to help with mobility. Christalla will help with referrals to agencies and organisations to help them improve their lives.
Christalla is driven by Thompsons' ethos of only working for the injured party to gain the maximum compensation to help clients to rebuild their lives.
In her spare time, Christalla likes to go to the theatre and enjoys running, baking and yoga.
Christalla's case experience
- Secured £2 million in compensation for a client who sustained a serious brain injury and was unable to carry on his job as a scaffolder or hold down any employment at all as a result.
- Secured a multi-million pound settlement, including interim payments, for a client who was left paraplegic as a result of their injury.
- Settled a case for just under £1.5 million for a motorcyclist who sustained serious and complex injuries, including a head injury that immobilised him, after a collision.
- Ensured more than £1 million in compensation for a young woman left in a vegetative state after being knocked down by a car whose driver - in the absence of any eyewitnesses - denied liability. Christalla secured an interim payment to move the client to a more comfortable nursing home and to pay for her family, including her young son, to visit her from abroad.
- Settled a case for more than £1 million for a young man who suffered severe injuries to his hand, with a traumatic amputation of his middle three fingers, following an accident at work.
- Obtained a £700,000 settlement for woman struck by a car as a pedestrian, suffering multiple and serious injuries, included fractures to the thigh bone, elbow, forearm, both knees and her back. She was left with significant ongoing mobility problems necessitating her using a walking stick and a future prognosis for a total knee replacement and further surgery.
Christalla is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and supports Headway East London.