David deals with claims involving catastrophic injuries, which include cases involving brain injury, spinal cord damage and amputations. He is also often called upon to deal with cases involving fatalities. Most of David’s cases are valued in excess of £1 million.
David prides himself on a client-centered approach. He understands the fears and anxieties of his seriously injured clients and always tries to put their needs at the forefront of any decision-making process. He deals with their claims with compassion and understanding at all times.
Much of David’s working day involves dealing with the needs of his clients that are not always associated with traditional legal work. He spends a lot of time dealing with his clients’ medical problems; liaising with case managers and medical practitioners to arrange treatment and care and attending meetings with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that his clients’ often complex needs are met.
David’s ultimate goal in each of his cases is to ensure that his clients obtain compensation sufficient to meet their financial, housing, care and treatment needs for the rest of their lives. David uses his experience and negotiating skills to ensure his clients get the best possible result.
David's case experience
- Acted for a client left tetraplegic after being hit by an uninsured driver on private land. The Supreme Court case overturned previous case law to extend compensation rights to people injured in car accidents on private land and was nominated for the ‘Outstanding Case of the Year' at the 13th Personal Injury Awards by Claims Media.
- Obtained substantial damages in a sensitive case for a client with an underlying drug and alcohol dependency who sustained a serious brain injury after being struck by a lorry while crossing the road.
- Secured a six-figure sum after just six months of being instructed for a client who's husband was killed in a fall from height while at work.
- Secured damages for a teacher who suffered serious physical and psychological injuries when she intervened to break up a fight between two pupils near a balcony at her school.
- Secured compensation for a father whose daughter was tragically killed in a road traffic accident caused by a diabetic motorist losing consciousness at the wheel due to hypoglycemia.