As an integral part of her role, Lisa has considerable experience in organising teams of specialists with a wide range of expertise who draw up detailed plans for rehabilitation for the injured. Importantly, Lisa ensures advance compensation payments are made as quickly as possible to provide initial funding for the rehabilitation and cover financial losses already incurred.
At Thompsons Solicitors, Lisa proudly notes that they exclusively represent claimants, with all firm members aligning their efforts towards the shared goal of delivering the highest quality service in pursuing claims against employers and insurers.
Away from work, Lisa likes listening to live music and takes part in pilates and horse riding.
Lisa was shortlisted for 'Catastrophic Injury Lawyer of the Year' in Claims Media's 13th Personal Injury Awards.
Lisa's case experience
- Represented a worker who lost three fingers when trapped between rollers in a printing machine. Secured a considerable sum which gave the client long-term financial security and enabled him to purchase two state-of-the-art prosthetic fingers from Touch Bionics, which is a leader in the field.
- Secured substantial compensation for a man who suffered a wide range of life-threatening injuries when he was struck by a car driven by someone who had exceeded the drink-drive limit. The clients’ long list of serious injuries included a punctured lung, brain injury, a complex open elbow fracture, a broken femur, tibia and pelvis, and radial nerve palsy in the left arm.
- Secured a significant settlement for a man who suffered life-changing injuries when he was hit by a stolen car. Among the injuries sustained was a catastrophic brain injury which meant the man could not live independently and required lifelong support and care. He was also unable to manage his financial affairs and a deputy was appointed.
- Recovered a substantial settlement for a young man who suffered a spinal cord injury leaving him with tetraplegia, requiring 24/7 care, adapted property and aids and equipment.
- Ensured a settlement for a man who sustained a severe traumatic brain injury and requires 2:1 care. The settlement included periodical payments to pay for the future care package for life.
- Secured a settlement for a man who suffered multiple injuries, the most significant being a complete spinal cord injury. This left the client with a need for 2:1 care as result of his paraplegia.
Lisa is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and is accredited by the Law Society for Personal Injury. She is also a member of Headway, the brain injury charity.