GET SUPPORT TODAY
We are acting on behalf of clients involved in the Michael Walsh patient recall following concerns raised around him carrying out potentially unnecessary or inappropriate shoulder manipulations.
Mr Michael Walsh was suspended from practice in April 2018, and is currently subject to investigation by the General Medical Council. Thompsons is urging affected patients to come forward and seek medical and legal advice.
It is understood that Spire Healthcare has initiated a patient recall process after issues were raised about the practice of consultant orthopaedic surgeon, Michael Walsh, at its hospital Spire Leeds.
If you’ve been treated by Michael Walsh and feel you may have a case, or have been contacted as part of the patient recall, call us on 0800 0 224 224 for free, no obligation, and totally confidential advice. Or, if you’re not ready to speak right now, complete the form opposite and one of our medical negligence experts will contact you at a time of your choosing to guide you through your options.
- We are more than just a law firm seeking compensation for injured people. We have actively campaigned to stop rogue surgeons from harming patients, to fight for justice on behalf of people who have been affected by mesh complications, and to change the law on the use of mesh.
- We represented 650 ex-patients of disgraced breast surgeon Ian Paterson, who operated at Spire Parkway, and are currently supporting more than 30 former patients of Mr Habib Rahman, an orthopaedic surgeon at the same hospital who stands accused of undertaking unnecessary or inappropriate surgical procedures.
- We have a long and proud history of acting for those who have suffered medical negligence. Throughout our nearly 100 years of practice, we have always refused to act for anyone other than the injured; that means we won’t act for those who cause the injury and never for insurance companies.
- We have a network of specialist medical negligence solicitors based in offices right across the UK, which means we can get you a solicitor local to you and your family, and can arrange for them to come to visit you at your home.
- Our team of medical negligence experts includes some of the UK’s best medical negligence solicitors - many of whom are members of the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme and Action Against Medical Accidents’ referral panel.
About Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Michael Walsh
Mr Michael Walsh, a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Spire Leeds Hospital, stands accused of undertaking unnecessary or inappropriate surgical procedures.
We are committed through our Patients Before Profit Campaign to expose poor patient treatment at private hospitals and are determined that Spire do not get away with brushing yet another recall under the carpet.
For more information or to talk to us about making a claim, get in touch today using the request a callback form. Alternatively, complete our online claim form or call 0800 0 224 224.