Thompsons Solicitors is pleased to, once again, be involved in the annual Asbestos & The Law Conference on Friday 10 October 2014 in Liverpool.
The conference, which is being held at the Liverpool Maritime Museum, is run by the Merseyside Asbestos Victims Support Group, a charity which supports victims of asbestos-related diseases and their families.
The conference is aimed at specialist asbestos lawyers, medical experts, benefits advisors and support workers, and will provide an insight into the latest developments in asbestos litigation and issues relating to asbestos diseases.
This year marks the 13th anniversary of the conference and it is a major fundraiser for the Merseyside Asbestos Victims Support Group, with all proceeds going directly to their work supporting victims of asbestos-related diseases and their families.
The speakers include:
- Robert Vojakovic AM JP BCom – President of the Australian Asbestos Diseases Society, Perth
- Kate Green MP – MP for Stretford & Urmston, Shadow Minister of State for Work & Pensions
- James Dalton – Head of Motor and Liability at the Association of British Insurers
- Lord David Alton of Liverpool – Independent Crossbench Life Peer
- Simon Kilvington – Counsel, Byrom St Chambers
- Harry Steinberg – Counsel, 12 Kings Bench Walk Chambers
- Dr Chris Warburton – Clinical Director / Consultant Respiratory Physician at Aintree Chest Centre
Diana Fos, head of Thompsons Solicitors north west specialist asbestos team, commented: “We are pleased to be able to support the Merseyside Asbestos Victims Support Group in its organisation of this conference. From our involvement in previous years, we can highly recommend it to anyone who is considering attending. It provides in-depth and up-to-date information from a range of excellent speakers on latest issues.
“From our work with victims of asbestos-related diseases, we see first-hand the devastation caused by exposure to asbestos, and fully support organisations who offer support to both victims and their families .
“We have unrivalled experience in this complex area of the law and are fully committed to fighting hard for the maximum compensation for both individuals and their families. We will never stop campaigning alongside those who understand the true cost of asbestos exposure.”
If you would like to find out more or register your place on the Merseyside Asbestos Victims Support Group Asbestos & the Law Conference, click here.