The family of a seamstress is trying to find out more about her working conditions after she died from an asbestos-related disease.

Marion Attwood, nee Davies, from Leeds, died aged 79 in March 2008 from asbestos related cancer mesothelioma.

Marion was diagnosed with the condition in July 2007 after suffering from breathlessness.

Mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos

Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos. There is no cure for the disease.

It is believed Marion was exposed to asbestos when working for two textile companies in Leeds.

Now her daughter, Susan Trotter from Huntington in York, has instructed asbestos claims experts Thompsons Solicitors for advice about claiming compensation.

Did you work at Harrison-Gloucester Ltd (known as Harrisons) or Brook Taverner & Co Ltd?

The family wish to speak to anyone who may remember working with Marion at Harrison-Gloucester Ltd (known as Harrisons) or Brook Taverner & Co Ltd.

Marion worked at Harrison-Gloucester Ltd, in Park Lane, Leeds from 1964 to 1976 where she sewed sleeves onto garments bound for sale in high street stores.

In 1976 she began working for Brook Taverner & Co Ltd on Burley Road, Leeds where she worked on sleeving before becoming a general machinist until she was made redundant in 1991.

The family is interested in hearing from anyone who has any information about the working environment during the time she was employed by these firms.

Susan said: “My mum was devastated when she was diagnosed with mesothelioma. She had always been a hard working and independent woman and suddenly she was reliant on the family to help her do the simplest tasks. She felt it was important to claim compensation to highlight the dangers of asbestos.”

Oliver Collett of Thompsons Solicitors, added: “It is important to Mrs Attwood’s family that they discover more about their mother’s working environment in order to established responsibility for her death.

Anyone who has any information should contact Oliver Collett on 08000 224 224.