Occupational Cancer Case
Industrial disease client
Our client, a man from Hampshire, developed lung cancer after exposure to asbestos while working as a mechanical fitter.
During his employment he repaired and replaced damaged pipework that was covered in asbestos at power stations, but was never given any protective equipment, such as a mask, to stop him breathing in the toxic dust.
We secured £110,000 for the 77-year-old man who was dying of an asbestos-related disease.
He said: “Looking back on my career, I would often work long shifts in dirty conditions. I can remember taking off my overalls and shaking off the asbestos dust before putting them into my locker, ready to wear again the next day.
“I am still coming to terms with my illness but the help I have received and Thompsons has been invaluable – I can’t thank them enough. Although I’ve known about the very real dangers of working with asbestos for years, it still didn’t prepare me for the shock of being diagnosed with lung cancer.”
“I am still coming to terms with my illness but the help I have received from Thompsons has been invaluable – I can’t thank them enough.”