Our client, Paul Brown, was honeymooning in Antigua when he contracted acute salmonella poisoning from eating contaminated food.
His honeymoon was booked as an all-inclusive package with TUI UK, but within a few days of arriving at the Grand Pineapple Resort Paul began to feel ill, experiencing stomach cramps, fever, nausea and diarrhoea.
He was offered £1,166 in compensation by the hotelier, but Paul refused and sought advice from Thompsons when he returned home. Following negotiations, our holiday illness claims experts secured £4,000 in compensation for Paul.
He said: “Antigua is a beautiful island of white sandy beaches and we were so excited to have this holiday of a lifetime. Unfortunately the experience was very different to what we had hoped, and all because of my illness. Before I was put in touch with Thompsons, dealing with the booking agent was like banging my head against a wall as I was passed from one person to the next who didn’t understand what was happening with my case.
“Without the legal weight and expertise from Thompsons, I’m certain I wouldn’t have been properly compensated for what happened to me.”