An investigation is underway after gas cylinders exploded at the Manchester Food and Drink Festival.

Fire crews were called to a stall on Albert Square in Manchester at 8.45pm on the 10th October. Two festival tents were alight following a gas cylinder explosion at the Chilli Coco Cuisine stall.

Three men, all stall workers were injured in the blaze, one man sustained serious burns to his hands, face and legs whilst the two other men sustained less serious burns to their arms and legs.

Two of the injured were transferred from the Manchester Royal Infirmary to the burns unit at Wythenshawe Hospital for treatment.

Imogen Wetton, a solicitor at Thompsons Solicitors’ Serious Injuries Team said: “Burn injuries will have been extremely painful and potentially can result in permanent scarring and disfigurement, sometimes the loss of limbs or other impairments. This will be a life changing event for these burn victims. We deal with many cases involving serious burn injuries and absolutely key is the level of support in what can often be a lengthy recovery process.”