Tanzeela is a qualified solicitor and barrister based in Thompsons’ Manchester office as part of the national clinical negligence team advising clients who have been injured or the families of those who have died in a healthcare setting through negligent care.
She has experience dealing with and settling high-value claims, including brain and spinal cord injuries, failures to diagnose; failure to treat; lack of consent and birth injuries.
Tanzeela is a deeply empathetic advocate for individuals who have sustained injuries or lost a loved one. As part of the Thompsons team, her commitment lies in securing the highest quality care for the injured through timely interim payments, as well as seeking answers to the multitude of questions families often face, questions that frequently remain unaddressed by authorities in both the NHS and private health sectors following serious injury or death.
She is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and an accredited senior litigator. She also holds a Law Society accreditation as a clinical negligence specialist.
- Failure to consider aortic aneurism as part of differential diagnosis resulting in death due to multiple organ failure.
- Negligent re-surfacing during shoulder replacement surgery resulting in a revision and nerve damage.
- Allergic reaction to medication negligently administer as bolus as opposed to intravenously by infusion.
- CRPS as a result of negligently performed Sympathectomy procedure for Hyperhidrosis.
- Delay in diagnosis of diaphragmatic defect and herniation of the colon into the chest resulting in a colonic perforation requiring an avoidable bowel resection and extend stay in ITU.
- Child with pelviureteric junction obstruction lost to follow up resulting in an extended period of suffering and emergency surgical correction of the PUJ as opposed to elective.
- Failure to act upon the report of the CT Aorta Angiogram resulting in a delay in the diagnosis of lung cancer.